Please visit Driver’s PTA website @ http://driverpta.weebly.com/
REMINDER ** REMINDER ** REMINDER
Remember some of our key points that we would like to share with our parents. Our students here at Driver Elementary are our TOP PRIORITY. Keeping our students safe is key and protecting their instructional time to allow them the best educational experience possible is our goal.
We ask for parents to communicate with their child’s teachers on a regular basis but please respect instructional time. Making an appointment with your child’s teacher is the best way to keep communication lines open. This will also allow no interruption of instructional time for your child. Classroom visitations are discouraged unless you have an appointment. We are STRIVING for SUCCESS on the SOL TESTS!
SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY! Parents should ALWAYS check-in at the Kiosk or Main Office. All visitors will receive an orange visitor’s pass after signing in and verification with their child’s teacher of their appointment.
INSTRUCTION! INSTRUCTION! INSTRUCTION! Early pickups and late arrivals does take away from your child’s instruction along with their fellow classmates. Remember we are STRIVING for SUCCESS on the SOL TESTS!
COMUNICATION! COMMUNICATION! COMMUNICATION! See below for details on School Messenger:
Click on the link below, or copy and enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com?u=suffolkcitysd
- As a first-time user, click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email email@example.com which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add yourself to your account. Click the, “Click here to begin” button. Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click NEXT.
- Add your staff ID or your child’s student ID, shown below:
… Student ID for «First_Name» «Last_Name»: «ID»
… Staff ID for «First_Name» «Last_Name»: «ID»
- Simply follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to be able to call into the system from the phone number associated with your child’s student ID or your staff ID.
- When you have finished activating your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account.
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Suffolk Public Schools partners with the YMCA at school for the before and after school care program. Before school care from 6:30AM – 8:30AM and after school care from 3:00PM – 6:00PM. For more information call the Suffolk YMCA at 757-934-9622 or visit the website www.ymcashr.org.
New Student Registration for 2013-14
Please bring the following information:
- A certified copy of State Birth Certificate
- Proof of residency in the city of Suffolk (water, gas or electric bill)
- An immunization certificate containing complete dates for Hepatitis B, DPT, polio, varicella and MMR immunizations
- Final report card from the child’s previous school